Community Health Nurse
Community Health Nurse (1602716N)
Employee Status: Regular
Hours Per Pay Period: 0
Shift Length: 8 hours
Weekend Coverage: Every fourth weekend
The Home Care department at Children's provides nursing care and support for children discharged from the hospital. Examples of patient populations:
- infants requiring physical assessment or who are on oxygen, apnea monitors, feeding tubes, or weaning off medication, e.g. infants with single ventricles
- children with oncology diagnoses requiring treatments and lab draws
- children with infectious disease processes requiring IV antibiotics and lab draws
- children with chronic conditions requiring monitoring and education, e.g. asthma and diabetes
- children with medical conditions at risk socially
Parent support and education is an important component of home management.
The team consists of a triage nurse, office-based RN care coordinators, and community health nurses, together with management and support staff.
Service area - seven-county metropolitan area.
The Community Health Nurse coordinates and provides family-centered nursing care to infants, children and adolescents in the home setting. Accountable for professional practice including independent nursing functions and delegated medical functions performed in collaboration with other team members. Nurses are regularly scheduled or may be casual. Laptop provided, phone stipend available, mileage paid.
* Current Minnesota RN License.
* BSN preferred.
* Current BLS Certification.
* Pediatric experience required; home care experience preferred.
Apply online at: http://www.childrensmn.org/about-us/careers