Surgical Technologist Sign-on Bonus (1602714W)
Employee Status: Regular
Hours Per Pay Period: 80
Shift Length: 8 hours
Weekend Coverage: Per unit need
Call Coverage: Yes
The Surgery department provides surgical services to treat multiple issues from dental/oral to urologic conditions on an inpatient and outpatient basis. They assist in providing a pre-surgery program for patients, their siblings, and their parents which includes a tour of the hospital and a discussion on how the family can prepare for the upcoming hospital visit.
The Surgical Technologist is an integral member of the patient care team. The surgical technologist provides highly skilled intra-operative technical expertise and care for the surgical patient through planning and implementation of the needs of the surgical procedure. The wide variety of skills include; assisting the surgeon, set up and scrub all surgical procedures, and may specialize in a specific field such as cardiac or neurological surgery, or in addition a laser specialist, participates in specialty procedures outside the operating room.
Functions as a call team member for all emergency procedures. The surgical technologist operates as the sterile team member on all surgical procedures. Responsible for aseptic technique and maintaining a sterile field while constantly anticipating surgeons needs. Utilizes knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and pharmacology to anticipate the patients and surgeons needs before they arise to attain the best outcome for the patient and keeping surgical time to a minimum.
The expertise of the Surgical Technologist provides the safest delivery of high quality care for the surgical patient.
External hires are eligible for a $1000 Sign on bonus with a signed 1 year retention agreement.
* Apply understanding of anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology, pharmacology to assisting surgeons with surgical procedures.
* Proficient in the application of sterile technique in all aspects of patient care.
* Competent in the use of surgical instruments, supplies and equipment to provide patient care, with the ability to trouble-shoot malfunctions as they arise.
* Function as preceptor/mentor to the scrub role for new surgical technologists and registered nurses.
* Communicates effectively as a team member, works collaboratively with the surgical team of physicians, nurses and anesthesia team.
* Graduate of a surgical technology program
* Surgical Technologist certification preferred but not required
* BLS certified
Apply online at: http://www.childrensmn.org/about-us/careers