Black Heart, Inc. is the only multicultural media company in Minnesota. Our target populations are African Americans, African expatriates, Hispanics, Asians and American Indians, mixed race individuals and families
- One out of five Twin Cities residents is African American [2000 U.S. Census]
- Twin Cities Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) had the third highest growth, by percentage, of African American population in the U.S.
- Percentage of mixed race individuals under 18 in Minneapolis and St. Paul constitute the highest proportion of any Midwestern state [2000 U.S. Census data]
Twin Cities area is home to approximately 200,000of the 215,000 African American citizens in the state and is home to one of the nation's largest Somali and Hmong populations
The Twin Cities is home to one of the most diverse populations of any city in the United States
- Since 1980 the number of African American families with incomes over $50,000 a year has quadrupled [New Venture Creation by Jeffry A. Timmons]
- There are over 25,000 business owners of color in Minnesota that generate over $3 billion dollars in revenue [U.S. SBA data]
African American and Hispanic population are the fastest growing in the Twin Cities.
There are over 500,000 people of color in Minnesota.
- In Minneapolis, there are more children of color ages 5 -17 than there are white children [2000 U.S. Census]
- 44 % of the students in the Minneapolis Public School District are African American
Member of the Associated Press